9 Aug 2014

Long Live Southbank! #PTE

Last month, it was brought to my attention that Southbank a well known popular area in London was at risk of destruction, particularly the 'Undercroft'. This has inspired me to write this blog post. I wanted to tell you a little about the history of SouthBank and express my opinion on the 'LLSB' campaign. 

For those who do not know SouthBank's 'Undercroft' has been around for over forty years, providing space for generations of people. It has been said to have been a 'home' and a cultural 'hangout' spot for locals and a place that people from all over the world come to see. The 'LLSB' campaign started 10 months ago, when the public and community were given warning of the site being taken away, to be replaced with malls and restaurants. When visiting the Southbank I can clearly see that there are plenty of these already here. So I can understand why the community and everyone is getting behind this campaign. 



As a lover of design, art, and originality. I love Urban Culture and I truly believe that it doesn't seem fair, to knock down something so original and home grown, something that you cannot replace. 


So even if your not into Skateboarding or Urban Culture, or History I still believe you should get behind the 'Long Live SouthBank' campaign. Why should they move history when it's not necessary? Why should they move something organic to replace it with thing's that are not needed in the area?



Here are a few other pictures I took around the area.



I also created a mini video in relation to this Blog Post, as another visual idea and also the second video of my mini Web Series 'Places To Explore' at the moment these are 30 second video's of places, I enjoy. I am really liking this series and I am planning a lot of content for my YouTube Channel which you should all check out below. 




You can find out more about the Long Live SouthBank Campaign on their Official Website as well checking out there YouTube video. Please head over the website and sign the campaign and help us keep a peace of history, organically created. 


(Official Website http://www.llsb.com)

I would love to know your thoughts and opinions on the 'LLSB' campaign, so leave a comment below and let's have a discussion on this current matter. 

Live life and chase your dreams!
See you next Saturday.
LC

No comments:

Post a Comment